Wednesday, March 01, 2006

First post on my new blog

I'm excited to make my first post on my new blog. I'm not sure I know what I'm going to do with this but I'll figure it out as I go. I hope for this to be a place to post about what's new at my studio and other items of interest.

Here's one for ya. Of course I include basic retouching (and often beyond basic) in my portraits so that my images, and the subject, looks as good as possible. I spend many hours in front of the computer working on images. All that seat time is also why I've had to get serious about working out every day!

Anyway, I found a website by a company that provides retouching on many photos of celebrities and they have some awesome examples of their work. Check out the before and after section and you will see the extent to which people are transformed. www.fluideffect.com They have bumps and wrinkles just like the rest of us, all those flawless models in magazines really aren't, it's all an illusion of (for most of us) unattainable perfection.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Glad to see you've joined the blogging community, Colleen. I wish you well, www.gailhanusa.blogspot.com

Gail said...

Welcome to the blogging community, Colleen. Great to see you here!
gailhanusa.blogspot.com

Eaggeo said...

Wow, Colleen, that's a great site. Thanks for sharing it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Niece,

Thanks for sharing your most recent endeavor. You are such a talented young lady and as I've said before, your father would be very proud of you. Keep up the good work and will peek in occasionally to see what's new in your world. Love Aunt Fern