Thursday, March 02, 2006

Family portraits/reunions



I recently had the pleasure of creating portraits of the Iwasake family as a gift for Grandma's 80th birthday. They are such a nice family and Grandma is spry and cute. It is so important to make time to capture these memories to pass on to the next generation.

Here's a portrait I did of my family during our reunion in Mandan, ND last year.



Here's a view of the farm where my dad grew up, taken from the top of Seashell hill where they have found seashells in the dirt. The family farmland has been subdivided and sold for the houses you see in the background. Kinda sad but you make more money than farming it. I remember driving out to the farm when I was a kid and all I saw was a few houses here and there, getting all excited when I finally spotted our farm. When I drove out this time it was a little confusing as I saw houses everywhere and had to really look to make sure I went to the right one.


My uncles had naming rights for the subdivision streets, here's me next to a sign with the family name.


This is the one room schoolhouse that my dad attended. It was fun to show that to my kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool idea Colleen. This was fun to see the photos from your reunion. Great info. on digital vs. traditional film.
Great family pics too!